Cat Tien National Park comprises an amazingly biodiverse area of lowland tropical rainforest. The 72,000-hectare park is one of the outstanding natural treasures in Vietnam, and the hiking, mountain biking and birdwatching here are the best in the south of the country. Our tour 2 days 1 night will help you to explore this park and the countryside in the south of Central Highlands via Cu Chi tunnel.
Duration: 2 days – 1 night.
Travel options: Guided Self-drive. Pillion passengers. Vietnam riders. Cars.
Departure locations: Sai Gon.
DAY 1: SAI GON – NAM CAT TIEN – 150 km
Depart from your hotel in Saigon, we’ll travel by the Road 20 to the southwest of Central Highlands, along the way we’ll visit: the floating village in La Nga; the volcanoes in Dinh Quan; the local farmers and their pepper, coffee and rubber plantations.
After we check in at Nam Cat Tien National Park, depend on your time that you can choose to book one of the daytime trek or nighttime jeep tour to see the flora and fauna at the park as: the golden-cheeked gibbon, a wide range of birds, butterflies and, of course the forest itself. Spectacular trees include: ‘Tung’ Tetrameles nudiflora, afzel ‘red wood’ Afzelia xylocarpa and various Dipterocarps. It is possible, but unlikely, to see deer and wild boar during the daytime trek, when the forest is very quiet. Deer, Civet Cats and other animals including Gaur (wild cows) are more active after dark and can best be seen by the nighttime jeep tour. Rare Siamese crocodiles can be seen at Crocodile Lake: again, best in the late afternoon onwards. Of the larger fauna, only a few wild elephants still survive in remote areas to the south-west of the park. We’ll stay overnight at the park.
DAY 2: SAI GON – 230 km
Either you do the daytime trek or nighttime jeep tour but we will continue to travel to the southwest of central highlands to visit the heroic Cu Chi tunnel, did you know who were the first men that explored the Cu Chi tunnels – it’s the Australian soldiers not the U.S army: “Tunnel Rats – How it all began: In January 1965 a unique chapter of Australian military history was created when a young Royal Australian Engineers captain called Sandy MacGregor, encountering a Vietcong tunnel system, asked a very pertinent question – does anybody know what’s down there? Sandy’s men in 3 Field Troop answered that by being the first Allied soldiers to explore the Vietcong’s tunnels in Cu Chi – US Army protocol was to identify the entrances and destroy them – thereby creating the legend of the Tunnel Rats…” You also can do the gun shooting here (your option).
Continue to travel by our small back road to Saigon. End tour.
From US$ 50 – US$ 90 – US$ 150 – US$ 250 – US$ 450 per day / per person
Price Includes (the different prices will depend on these options):
– The Japanese motorbikes & our drivers & the third-party insurances (for the Pillion passengers only)
– The 100cc – 125cc semi-automatic, 125cc – 150cc – 250cc motorcycles & petrol (for the Guided Self-drive)
– Licensed and Professional tour leader with good English
– All the visiting fees
– Helmets, rain ponchos (if needed), bag covers
– 1 night x standard bungalow inside the National Park (all are twin / double / private rooms)
– 1 x breakfast x 2 x lunches x Vietnamese foods x our set menu / per person
– The extra costs to transfer all the bikes & guides & riding gears from / return home before & after the tour
– Company tax
– Personal meals, drink, and any other extra requirements
– Insurances, any Damage Costs, support vehicle for luggage (for the Guided Self-drive only)
– Seasonal surcharges