During 14th and 15th centuries, the cape that would become Vung Tau was a swamp which European trading ships visited regularly. The ships’ activities inspired the name Vung Tau, which means “anchorage”. The French Indochinese government named it Cap Saint-Jacques. During the Vietnam war, the 1st Australian Logistics Support Group was headquartered in Vung Tau – as were various United States military units at different times. Vung Tau also became popular for R&R, among in-country US personnel. After the war, Vung Tau was a common launching place for the “Vietnamese boat people” fleeing the communists.
Duration: 2 days – 1 night.
Travel options: Guided Self-drive. Pillion passengers. Vietnam riders. Cars.
Departure locations: Saigon or we also can do it on the opposite direction from Mui Ne.
DAY 1 : SAI GON – VUNG TAU – 150 km
We’ll travel by the quiet road to the countryside in only 20 minutes, take a boat trip to cross the Dong Nai river and drive through the rubber plantations to the southeast coast, cross the local fishing villages by the quiet road (no highway 52) and arrive in Bai Sau of Vung Tau. Have lunch on the beach, enjoy swimming and relaxing in the afternoon. Stay overnight at our hotel at the center beach.
DAY 2 : VUNG TAU – MUI NE – 180 km
Visit the special Worldwide Arms Museum created by an English man, it’s the biggest one in Vietnam and probably in Asia. From Vung Tau we’ll travel by the quiet coastal road through Long Hai village and the hidden airbase of the VC in the Vietnam war. Along this route you will learn about the history of the Hochiminh Trail At Sea and the Australian war in Vietnam in 1960s – 1970s; visit the local fishing people, the dragon fruits farms, have lunch on the beach and relax on the hammocks next to the blue ocean under the coconut trees. Check in your hotel in Muine. End tour.
From US$ 50 – US$ 90 – US$ 150 – US$ 250 – US$ 350 per day / per person
Price Includes (the different prices will depend on these options):
– The Japanese motorbikes & our drivers & the third-party insurances (for the Pillion passengers only)
– The 100cc – 125cc semi-automatic, 125cc – 150cc motorcycles & petrol (for the Guided Self-drive)
– Licensed and Professional tour leader with good English
– All the visiting fees
– Helmets, rain ponchos (if needed), bag covers
– 1 night x accommodation: 2 – 4 stars hotels, resorts, home stay (all are twin / double / private rooms)
– 1 x breakfast x 2 x lunches x Vietnamese foods x our set menu / per person
– The extra costs to transfer all the bikes & guides & riding gears from / return home before & after the tour
– Company tax
– Personal meals, drink, and any other extra requirements
– Insurances, any Damage Costs, support vehicle for luggage (for the Guided Self-drive only)
– Seasonal surcharges