“Ideas for trips are often hatched decades ago while sitting in Geography class in school. While the teacher droned on, in my mind I was already in the Masai Mara or Serengeti or Steppes or Mekong Delta. My childhood desire actually came true this month… An amazing experience, one that dreams are made of. Highly recommended for solo travelers who want to experience the real country. Not micro managing schedules in advance adds to the mystery and excitement. That’s the beauty of a motor bike trip, the flexibility to change plans as you go along. And the infinite variety of local experiences, full of warmth and smiles. Thank you so much for making my trip such a special one and for riding carefully without taking any risks. I wish you the very best.” Jyoti, India. Read our reviews here:
Duration: 3 days – 2 nights.
Travel options: Guided Self-drive. Pillion passengers. Vietnam Riders. Cars.
Departure locations: Sai Gon.
DAY 1: From Saigon to the Coconut religion, 180 km, 70% off-road. Highlights: Pick up and depart from your hotel. Ride to the quiet countryside in only 20km – 5km from the center of Saigon. Visit the incense making, the dragon fruit farm, the 1850 temple. Do 3 boat trips to explore the Mekong delta. Do homestay & cooking class with local family in countryside. Do bicycle trip to explore the local villages, the sleeping-mat making, the coconut candy making, enjoy the honey tea and local fruits. No My Tho, no highway 1 and touristy shops.
DAY 2: To the Old Cambodian Land, 150 km, 50% off-road. Highlights: Continue to do another 4 boat trips to explore the old land of the Khmer Kingdom in south Vietnam. Visit the 1000 years old Cambodian temple, and Cambodian village. Stay overnight at hotel in Can Tho or do homestay & cooking class with local family in countryside. No highway 1 or big roads with busy traffic.
DAY 3: Return to Saigon, 180 km, 50% off-road. Highlights: Do the 8th boat trip to visit the floating market. Travel by the different route back to Saigon. Do the 9th & 10th boat trip to explore the Mekong delta. Visit the furniture handicraft made by the green hyacinths on the Mekong river. End tour. No highway 1.
From US$ 50 – US$ 90 – US$ 150 – US$ 250 – US$ 350 per day / per person
Price Includes (the different prices will depend on these options):
– The Japanese motorbikes & our drivers & the third-party insurances (for the Pillion passengers only)
– The 100cc – 125cc semi-automatic, 125cc – 150cc – 250cc motorcycles & petrol (for the Guided Self-drive)
– Licensed and Professional tour leader with good English
– All the visiting fees, 10 x boat trips
– Helmets, rain ponchos (if needed), bag covers
– 2 night x accommodations: 2 – 4 stars hotels, resorts, home stay (all are twin / double / private rooms)
– 2 x breakfasts x 3 x lunches x Vietnamese foods x our set menu / per person
– The extra costs to transfer all the bikes & guides & riding gears from / return home before & after the tour
– Company tax
– Personal meals, drink, and any other extra requirements
– Insurances, any Damage Costs, support vehicle for luggage (for the Guided Self-drive only
– Seasonal surcharges